Panama is another destination high on the travellers’ hot list, with its 50-mile long Panama Canal, being a must-see, as there are few other engineering works of comparable magnitude and intricacy worldwide. Explore its rich history, visit Colonial Panamá, the Casco Viejo, Portobelo, Sam Lorenzo Fort, and the Indigenous Emberá Village. Enjoy great eats at the restaurants and cafés dotting the landscape and dance the night away to salsa and reguetón at one of the popular night spots along the Amador Causeway or on Avenida Balboa.
Board a ship in Colón and start your cruise while you’re at it, and check out, too, the capital, Panama City, as well as the Colón Free Zone which are known for an excellent shopping experience. You would need quite a few days to explore malls like Albrook, Multicentro, Multiplaza, Los Pueblos, and Metro, plus there are tonnes of other exciting activities and events for you to participate in. Why wait? Vamos a Panama!
- Feria de las Flores y del Cafe – January 1, 2013*
- Panama Jazz Festival – January 14 – 19, 2013
- Carnaval – February 8 – 13, 2013
- Festival y los Diablos y Congos – March 1*
- Santa Semana – April 1*
- Expocomer Annual Trade Fair – April 17-20, 2013
- Feria Internacional del Mar – September 1*
- National Festival of the Mejorana – September 17
- Festival de Cristo Negro – October 21
- Independence days – November 3, 4 and 28, 2013